- Mature, capable, mechanically-oriented person
- Skills in various building trades(i.e., electrical, plumbing, painting, construction, etc.)
- Skills in automotive and diesel engine maintenance and basic repair
- Ability to problem solve, be a self-starter, and remain organized.
- Ability to accept guidance and supervision.
- Desire to work and live in a camp community.
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and self-control.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment fingerprint and background test.
- Ability to safely move up to 50 pounds.
- High school graduate or equivalent, and at least 21 years of age.
- Valid California Driver’s License and ability to drive a truck.
Director of Operations
To provide an opportunity for young people to experience the outdoors and connect with the
natural world, learn skills, build self-esteem and practice developing constructive social
relationships in a safe healthy environment.
- Keep grounds clean and safe, monitoring assigned infrastructure components.
- Daily Tasks:
- Remove garbage from campsites, Dining Hall, and Program Areas
- Monitor and maintain drinking water supply
- Clean and stock all restroom facilities
- Clean shower facilities
- Attend to Repair Requests
- Inspect and complete logbook for Camp Vehicles before use.
- Assure good working ability of all equipment; including pool pumps, water systems, waste systems, kitchen appliances, etc.
- Transport materials and supplies to appropriate areas in camp as needed, including luggage on in/out days.
- Maintain inventory of maintenance supplies and equipment.
- Submit orders for equipment and supplies as needed, to the Director of Operations.
- Be acquainted with community fire, police, emergency service departments as well as regular facilities vendors.
- Communicate daily with Director of Operations, and as needed with the Camp Maintenance Committee.
- Follow all camp rules.
- Encourage and demonstrate respect for personal property, camp equipment, and facilities.
- These are not the only duties to be performed. Some may be reassigned and other duties may be assigned as required.
- Lift, unload and move supplies, including luggage.
- Identify and report all hazards to Director of Operations immediately.
- Operate electrical and mechanical equipment safely.
- Identify with visual and auditory ability, and respond to, environmental and other hazards.
- Physical ability to respond appropriately to situations requiring first aid.
- Maintain appropriate inventory of supplies.
- Adapt to rough terrain, heat, and living outdoors.
- Must be able to work safely in outdoor and indoor environment: exposure to moist or wet conditions, dust, chemicals, hazardous materials and blood borne pathogens, variances in temperature, noise, and equipment with moving parts.
- Must be able to perform work involving but not limited to lifting, carrying and maneuvering heavy objects; squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, reaching, pushing, and pulling.