Top Six Finalists Announced for AngelCon 2021
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 30th, 2021
Contact: Liz Fisher
SAN LUIS OBISPO, CA- The Cal Poly Center for Innovation for Entrepreneurship (CIE) Small Business Development Center (SBDC) announced the top six finalists to compete in the 2021 Angel Conference: Allthenticate, Armadillo Designs, Spinshot, Tallyfor, Trees, and WizeFi. The conference will stream live on June 10th via YouTube Live, and will give the companies an opportunity to compete for $130,000 in equity-backed funding.
- Allthenticate offers a unified identity management solution for both physical access control and digital authentication through an all-in-one solution using the Allthenticator app.
- Armadillo Designs creates customizable truck shells with a convertible roof, allowing customers to easily access their belongings and keep objects safe from the elements and theft.
- Spinshot is a hardware and software company that invents technologies to help customer-centric brands authentically show their products online through 360 views.
- Tallyfor enhances online accounting software with the ability to complete business taxes by helping owners move data from source transactions to IRS filing.
- Trees walks people along the path from problem-to-solution, using AI to select custom plans for every user.
- WizeFi is a budgeting and personal finance software that combines AI and predictive technology to help users improve their spending behavior.
These six Central California-based startups will compete virtually in the fourth annual AngelCon pitch competition on June 10th, 2021 on YouTube Live from 4:00 - 6:00 PM. The winner will receive $130,000 in angel investments to grow their business - the largest amount in AngelCon history. Tickets are complimentary for the community, registration required on Eventbrite. VIP passes are available for $10 and will include post-event virtual networking. All proceeds will go towards the Audience Choice Award winner.
About the Cal Poly CIE Small Business Development Center
The Cal Poly CIE Small Business Development Center is funded in part through a subcontract between Cal Poly, the city of San Luis Obispo and UC Merced, under the current cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. The SBDC is a top resource for business owners and aspiring entrepreneurs, offering no-cost, expert one-on-one business consulting, training and online courses in startup assistance, debt and equity funding, sales and marketing, international trade and product commercialization. For more information or to schedule an appointment, visit sbdc.calpoly.edu.