Danna Stroud Speaks to Membership Concerning Chamber Advocacy Efforts
At April's Wake Up Paso event, Danna Stroud talked about the depth and importance of the Chamber's advocacy efforts.
Presentation Talking Points:
Advocacy: The act or process of supporting a cause or proposal; the act or process of advocating something.
PRCC Board of Directors:
- February 2021 approved the formation of a Policy and Advocacy Committee
- Mission: Give voice to the business community on local, state and federal policy matters that affect the local economy
- Committee members will represent cross-sectional industry interests including manufacturing, finance, wine, travel, education, real estate, etc.
Advocacy Committee Goals:
- Draft a policy manual to inform decision-making related to local and state policy questions
- Develop an advocacy program for informing local/elected leaders about Chamber policy priorities
- Develop communication channels that inform businesses about policy matters that affect them
- Coordinate advocacy activities with other professional, trade, and industry organizations
- Pandemic Recovery and Business Support
- Local Government Regulation and Ordinances
- Fees / Taxes / Budget
- Economic Development
- Housing Affordability and Inventory
- Infrastructure / Transportation
- Federal and State Government
- Downtown Parking Program
- Retail Cannabis Regulations + Criteria
- Candidate Training
- Tri-County Alliance
About Danna Stroud
Raised in Paso Robles and having over 30 years of experience in the tourism and recreation industries, Stroud brings her deep connections with the community now to the Chamber as our Government Affairs and Public Policy Coordinator. Throughout her career, she has advocated for change and helped frame policy and legislative issues at local and state levels. Stroud is an expert at developing communication channels to inform businesses about policy matters. She focuses her efforts toward local regulations, economic crisis response and representing our Chamber members at local, state, and national levels.