"The Entrepreneurship Mindset"
Gary J. Rubin, J.D.
Attorney at Law
Cuesta College Business Education Instructor
Dr. Rubin recently completed research to examine the entrepreneurship mindset. He conducted extensive interviews of 18 entrepreneurs ranging in age from 17 to 81. His focus was primarily on Central Coast business owners, and he sought a group of interviewees who were not only demographically diverse, but also diverse in the number of years they have been self-employed.
Topics covered during the interviews included:
• Each interviewee definition of "the entrepreneurship mindset", and how each demonstrates such mindset in their personal life outside of business.
• Their style of decision-making, and any values or priorities affecting their decisions.
• Their level of self-confidence.
• How do they view risk?
• From where do they get inspiration and ideas?
• Personal attributes of entrepreneurs, including, creativity, dedication, vision, focus, etc.
• Their motivation for being self-employed. Choice or necessity? Any family influences?
• Are they satisfied with their life choice, or do they have regrets?
• Their approach to family, socializing, or hobbies outside their business.
• Are they healthy emotionally and physically?
• How do they approach and manage the responsibilities and stress?
• What succession planning, if any, have they done for their business?
If you are thinking of starting a business, join Dr. Rubin for one of these free, three-hour discussions of his research in which he will share the lessons learned from these 18 entrepreneurs. The same discussion is offered on three different days:
Saturday, November 7, at 10:00 a.m.
Registration link: bit.ly/34BTTun
Thursday, November 12, at 5:00 p.m.
Registration link: bit.ly/2Jk82Ej
Tuesday, November 17, at 1:00 p.m.
Registration link: bit.ly/35MuZYo