The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic has created unprecedented burdens upon California businesses, as employers attempt to navigate the significant employment challenges imposed by economic losses, health and safety risks, and complicated state and federal legislation. Business owners and managers must ensure the safety and health of their employees and revitalize business operations, all while maintaining compliance with an ever-changing legal landscape.
In this informative webinar, employment attorney Karen Gabler will discuss the interplay between rapidly-changing federal, state and local laws related to COVID-19, along with tips on how to manage a myriad of business and employment issues arising from the coronavirus pandemic.
Topics covered will include:
· Implementing layoffs and extending furloughs
· Remote work options and agreements
· Families First Coronavirus Response Act (“FFCRA”) rights and benefits
· California Supplement Paid Sick Leave (“CSPSL”) rights and benefits
· Enforcing sanitation and health measures in the workplace
· Asking employees to quarantine (and who pays for that time?)
· Asking employees to test for COVID-19 (and who pays for that test?)
· Managing employee abuse of available benefits
· SB 1159 and mandatory reporting of COVID-19 cases to workers’ comp carriers