Community Action Partnership of San Luis Obispo County, Inc. / The Adult Day Center
The Adult Day Center (ADC) is an affordable adult day care program that focuses on providing respite to family caregivers and quality care to aging loved ones with Alzheimer’s, dementia, or other cognitive impairments. ADC provides a supportive day care environment that assists seniors in reaching and maintaining their highest level of cognitive function. The program is designed to keep seniors independent and living outside of assisted living and nursing homes for as long as possible, and providing a much needed break for their family caregivers.
Annually Community Action Partnership of San Luis Obispo County serves over 35,000 persons across San Luis Obispo and nine other central and southern California counties. Through a variety of programs and in collaboration with other community service agencies, Community Action Partnership helps individuals and families achieve and maintain self-sufficiency through the following:
• Dependent care and early childhood education programs
• Parenting support
• Health services, screening, and education
• Weatherization and utility assistance
• Emergency homeless services, including sheltering, meals, and basic day services
• Targeted services for extremely vulnerable homeless populations, including: Veterans, medically fragile, and those with co-occurring mental health and substance abuse issues.