Aera Energy LLC - San Ardo Production Unit
Oil Production & Services
Aera Energy accounts for about 25 percent of California's oil production. The oil we produce allows millions of Californians to travel to work every day, businesses to grow and thrive and California-grown food to arrive at dinner tables. We live in the communities where we work, which includes Kern, Ventura, Monterey and Fresno counties. We’re also working to redevelop a historic oilfield in northern Santa Barbara County. We’re proud to support local communities through jobs, partnerships and investments to build stronger neighborhoods and cities together. California is powered by oil. Aera is powered by safety, innovation and community.
- Our oil operations in San Ardo cover approximately seven square miles and are located 30 miles north of Paso Robles
- Aeras San Ardo field produces approximately 10,000 barrels of heavy crude oil per day
- Crude oil is sold on the premises and transported to California refineries for processing into gasoline and other fuels
- San Ardo employees and contractors are actively involved in the communities where we work and live
- Aera and its predecessor companies have been producing oil in San Ardo since 1952